Accelerating Opportunity Kentucky (AOKY) is a career pathways program that combines basic skills education (math, reading and writing) with technical skills training to prepare students for a high demand job. The AOKY program is designed for students who have not completed high school or need to take basic skills courses along with their technical courses.
At JCTC, the AOKY program is available for students interested in earning a college certificate in Allied Health, Automotive Technology, or Computer Information Technologies (A+ certification).
Students in the program enroll in a College and Career Ready class with an adult education instructor to get the math, reading and/or math skills they need to be successful in their technical courses. Additionally, students work with a Success Coach and a Career Coach for assistance with:
- enrolling in Accelerating Opportunity
- applying for financial aid
- program orientation and requirements
- academic advising and planning
- information on relevant workshops and special events
- developing plans for students to meet their goals
- campus and community referrals
- resume writing and job search activities
- career exploration and counseling
- job referrals
For more information, contact Gina Embry at (502) 213-5163 or email@example.com.