To address the needs of Opportunity Youth and young adults in Jefferson County, KY by advocating for system-level change and connecting them to needed support. Led by the lived experiences of youth, CSYA convenes and builds the capacity of youth-service providers through research, outreach, advocacy, and community engagement.
Through identifying best practices and the eradication of system-level barriers, youth and young adults will be empowered to lead full and productive lives.
- Keeping youth voice at the center of our research, advocacy, engagement, and educational activities
- Advocate for cooperation and collaboration amongst youth-serving agencies
- Build the capacity of our community to confront implicit racism and other sources of marginalization
No single organization has the ability to solve any major social problem at scale by itself. FSG
No single organization, public agency, or philanthropist can address the needs of our community's disconnected youth and young adults. Solutions are possible only through coordinated, collaborative efforts.
The Coalition Supporting Young Adults is a collective impact initiative created to address the challenges of Louisville's disconnected young people. Together, we are committed to:
- Researching the root causes of disconnectedness, homelessness, and system-involvement for youth and young adults (16 to 24 years of age) living in Jefferson County, Kentucky;
- Raising community awareness of the issues impacting vulnerable youth and young adults in our community and the resources or strategies required to address them;
- Building the capacity of staff and adult volunteers to serve as advocates for young adults;
- Setting goals collectively and measuring the outcomes of young adult engagement and services.
Louisville's Coalition Supporting Young Adults uses the Collective Impact Model developed by FSG. For tools and resources on the Collective Impact Model, check out the Collective Impact Forum and Ready By 21.